Water Preserver ™
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
IT IS A VIOLATION OF FEDERAL LAW TO USE THIS PRODUCT IN A MANNER INCONSISTENT WITH ITS LABELING OR DIRECTIONS FOR USE. READ BOTTLE LABEL CAREFULLY.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL OF CONCENTRATE
1) Water PreserverTM in its concentrated form (i.e., in the unopened bottle), loses strength with age and exposure to sunlight, therefore:
• STORE PRODUCT IN A COOL PLACE UNTIL USED
• DO NOT USE CONCENTRATE AFTER “USE BY” DATE ON BOTTOM OF BOTTLE
2) NOTE: When Concentrate is used as directed, Water PreserverTM will preserve stored drinking water for 5 years from the date of water preparation.
3) Keep in a locked storage area AWAY FROM CHILDREN.
4) Dispose of any unused Water PreserverTM Concentrate by flushing down toilet or sink.
5) Dispose of empty container in trash. Do not reuse container.
6) Environmental Hazards (Concentrate): This product is toxic to fish. Do not discharge into lakes, streams, ponds, or public waterways unless in accordance with a NPDES permit. For guidance, contact the regional office of the U.S. EPA.
STEPS TO PREPARE YOUR EMERGENCY WATER
1) Check "USE BY" date on bottom of bottle. Five year storage begins when Water Preserver™ is added to water.
2) Remove safety seal from Water Preserver™ cap. Do not use product if safety seal is broken or missing.
3) Prepare new containers for filling by rinsing out with regular clear tap water.
- 55 GALLON DRUMS - For ease of use, carefully remove the dropper tip and empty the entire contents of a “55 gallon size” (0.73 fl. oz.) bottle of Water PreserverTM. into the empty drum.
- SMALLER CONTAINERS- Add 8 drops Water Preserver™ to an empty container for each gallon of water. (Note: Add 16 drops per gallon if water is cloudy). Example: 5 gallon container x 8 drops per gallon = 40 drops.
4) Fill container with regular clear tap water to 2-3 inches below cap.
5) CLOSE ALL BUNGS AND CAPS TIGHTLY (for drums, use a bung wrench)
5) After capping, invert or slosh container several times to wet all inside surfaces of the container.
6) Write the dates of your water preparation, and the date plus 5 years on the outside of the container.
7) DO NOT REOPEN CONTAINER until water is needed. Use of Bung tamper seals are recommended. If container is opened, retreat water per package directions before returning water to storage.
CONTAINER SPECIFICATION GUIDELINES
Water Preserver™ Concentrate was tested and developed to be used with all containers that meet the following description:
NOTE: The following container information should be readily available from your Water Preserver™ dealer, emergency supply stores, or directly from the container manufacturer.
New (unused), blow molded, rigid, all plastic containers made of virgin polyethylene resin, meeting the following criteria:
1. Food Grade Materials:
The resin and additives must meet the requirements of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as items intended for use in contact with food.
Closures shall be threaded plugs (bungs) or caps sufficient to prevent leakage. The closure MUST NOT BE VENTED and must use a gasket of FDA-approved material to form an air-tight seal. DO NOT use pumps, faucets, spigots, or other dispensing attachments as a closure.
3. UN Specification Recommended
- Look for a “UN” mark permanently embossed by the manufacturer on the bottom or side of the container. The UN specification mark assures the following:
- The containers are randomly sampled and tested by the manufacturer and meet or exceed requirements for: Temperature, Impact, Vibration, Leakage, Static Pressure and Compression.
- The containers are required to provide Ultraviolet (UV) light protection for their contents for the life of the container.
- UN containers may be safely stored indoors or outdoors.
STORAGE TIPS - IMPORTANT
Never store emergency drinking water near stored gasoline, kerosene, pesticides or similar substances that can contaminate water.
DO NOT RE-OPEN any storage container until water is needed. Opening the container can introduce contamination. If opened, container must be emptied and refilled. See preparation steps 1-7 above.
WATER STORAGE LIFE
Laboratory tests have shown that water prepared and stored using Water PreserverTM, as directed, will remain bacteriologically safe for drinking for 5 years. This product is registered with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and State Agencies.
Please Note: The above Container Guidelines are intended only as a guide to selection of a safe, sturdy drinking water container. 7C's Safety & Environmental is not responsible for determining the suitability of a particular container for water storage or for its use with Water Preserver Concentrate, and assumes no liability for any action, injury or damage resulting from the use of this information.