Choosing a Water Storage Container
The information below will help you to select water containers that will achieve guaranteed 5-year water storage life. Concentrate was tested and developed to be used with all containers that meet the following description.NOTE: The following container information should be readily available from your Water Preserver™ dealer, emergency supply stores, or directly from the container manufacturer.
New (unused), blow molded, rigid, all plastic containers made of virgin polyethylene resin, meeting the following criteria:
1. Food Grade Materials:
The resin and additives must meet the requirements of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as items intended for use in contact with food.
Closures shall be threaded plugs (bungs) or caps sufficient to prevent leakage. The closure MUST NOT BE VENTED and must use a gasket of FDA-approved material to form an air-tight seal. DO NOT use pumps, faucets, spigots, or other dispensing attachments as a closure.
3. UN Specification Recommended:
- Look for a “UN” mark permanently embossed by the manufacturer on the bottom or side of the container. The UN specification mark assures the following:
- The containers are randomly sampled and tested by the manufacturer and meet or exceed requirements for: Temperature, Impact, Vibration, Leakage, Static Pressure and Compression.
- The containers are required to provide Ultraviolet (UV) light protection for their contents for the life of the container.
- UN containers may be safely stored indoors or outdoors.
STORAGE TIPS - IMPORTANT
Never store emergency drinking water near stored gasoline, kerosene, pesticides or similar substances that can contaminate water.
DO NOT RE-OPEN any storage container until water is needed. Opening the container can introduce contamination. If opened, water must be retreated with Water Preserver™.
WATER STORAGE LIFE
Laboratory tests have shown that water prepared and stored using Water Preserver™, as directed, will remain bacteriologically safe for drinking for 5 years. This product is registered with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and State Agencies.
Please Note: The above Container Guidelines are intended only as a guide to selection of a safe, sturdy drinking water container. 7C's Safety & Environmental is not responsible for determining the suitability of a particular container for water storage or for its use with Water Preserver Concentrate, and assumes no liability for any action, injury or damage resulting from the use of this information.